And so it’s Monday … another start to the work week … and my coffee is smiling at me?
I sometimes wondered why everyone only talks about how Mondays are tough for adults. What about kids? Don’t you think they feel the same way about having to go back to school on Monday after a weekend?
Mondays are actually the most disliked day of the week, according to several survey results, but why do we hate Mondays so much?
- We usually sleep in over the weekend, so Monday morning is the hardest for us to get up. Also, since you’re likely tired, it makes you much more cranky.
- It’s the beginning of the work week, so it seems dull and unmotivating.
- Social chatter makes people uneasy – people would start talking about their weekends and if you haven’t done much, it makes you feel like you wasted your weekend.
- If you aren’t satisfied with your job, the weekends are your only escape from your job.
- The next weekend seems so far away because the week just started.
Fortunately, Mondays only happen once a week, so don’t get too bummed out when it’s Monday. Just remember, you can’t be on a high note all the time, or nothing would ever feel exciting.