What are the benefits of sharing these difficult topics with youth:
- To build the next generation that is more educated and grounded in whatever life throws at them.
- To help them become adept at handling these situations when faced in their own lives.
- To make them more empathic.
- To inspire them to advocate for things they care about. You’ll be surprised at how our youngest voices can actually be the loudest when it comes to advocacy.
- To make them feel more comfortable in asking questions.
- To let them know that it’s okay to feel scared, confused, and upset, but to not let those feelings control the way they react when dealing with them.
- To help them realize they are not alone and to be hopeful if someone they know is suffering from it.
Want to read more?
Check out the September edition of ‘Hold On‘ to read the full article on this topic discussed at my ‘Author Talks.’ If you haven’t signed up for my newsletter yet, you can get access to read my digital magazine here.